Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Is Why I Don't Want to Know Your Name

The other night history has repeated itself. How many times have you met someone interesting of the opposite sex. Someone who you might have instantly feel attracted to? How many times has this happened..
A few days ago I met a guy like many times before. Except along with the few others I asked or knew the name things thus far have not turned out so well.
It's as if asking for their name and establishing some connection some knowing ruins all future possiblities. I will never forget the best nights especially where you find someone to share the night with.
However I have one referenc point but the morning after I felt no regret. The night I kissed a random stranger in the "calle de beso" or the street of kissing. Just like that, a good story, no regret.
All the other times I knew their names. Just knowing that broke my heart a little every time because they never made a move after. That's why I don't like playing the game. I have given up so many times because of heartbreak... and every time, the last time is forgotten it happens again and I am reminded.
This is why I don't want to know your name.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like names attach an identity to someone and ground us to this very real world. I agree...for me, kisses with names attached hurt. Some day, let's go to the calle de besos, and find nameless strangers. :)

    ReplyDelete