Monday, March 7, 2011

Kiss, Kiss, Kiss

This has been an idea in the works for the longest of time. A theory which over and over and over again has been proven.
Never kiss someone who you are interested in. See there are good and bad aspects I see here. I love going out and having an excuse to wear 5 inch heels and a short dress. I like the idea of going out and casually meeting people. I love how I can meet someone in one night, dance, kiss and never know their name. I loved  that, you know the first half of the year. I hate how I have a wonderful night with someone, I might see them again, they might add me on facebook. That's it, usually no more. How does anybody live here, live like this? I mean just talking about the last week I kissed a guy Thurdays, a different one Friday, and then another one Sunday. Not one has talked to me since. Que poca. I mean how does anyone go on like this. I mean I love crazy nights, nights I don't remember and so, but please someone tell me this is strange. Life in New York was more like you like a guy and you never tell him, the same if he likes you. I mean here I can just go up to someone ask their name and they will like me (short time guarenteed)...
The first part fo the year I was let's say "shy" and if you know me, it must be hard to believe. However since getting to know people, the area and the culture I would say i have adapted. However if adapting is kissing now not asking  and later feeling empty, I have offically adapted. Maybe this is just what it is like for foreign exchange students, you know the ones who walk into any public area and everyone knows they aren't from here.
This subject has ocassionally coming up, over and over again.... I mean out of over 6 months in this country I have kissed who knows how many guys. At least 20, I have only kissed one twice. Even the nice guys I have met that started out as good friends and at some point took a turn for the romantic side they didn't call me.
I love the ironic part too. I can be blunt, what do I have to lose. I asked one of the guys "How come we never went out liek you said." And here's the bullshit response. "I have to go to school from Monday to Saturday and then I spend Sunday with my family." You make me laugh. Then a week later this guy talks to me out of the blue. I hate lairs I told you that. "But didn't I treat you well?" "uhhhh, NO?"
I refuse to say it is cultural differences, because I have blamed that before. But sometimes it is just plain assholes, sometimes it is the large amounts of alcohol the population has drank that night sometimes it is just bad luck we could say. Sometimes it is my own feeling of lonliness that drives me to find someone to spend the night with...
I just want to post this, becuase once I write it I am free of it. So let me be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment